UV XL INSECT SHIELD
More Styles In This Collection
See all Styles
- Ways to wear
BUFF UV XL Insect Shield® Multifunctional Headwear combines UV protection, insect repellent and an extra-large size. It's 1 1/4" wider circumference than typical UV Multifunctional Headwear for an extra-comfortable fit. It blocks 95 percent of the sun's harmful rays while the Insect Shield® treatment deters biting bugs. It goes wherever summer does, whether that's on the water, in the woods, or just to the backyard.
- Built-in Insect Shield® Protection™
- Repels mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggars and midges (no-see-ums)
- Invisible odorless, EPA-registered protection from insects
- Repellant lasts 70 launderings
- Blocks 95% of UV rays*
- 1 1/4" wider circumference than the BUFF UV multifunctional headwear
- COOLMAX® PRO performance fiber
- 100% seamless construction
- Multifunctional - 12+ Ways to Wear
- Moisture-wicking, quick-drying, breathable
- Lightweight thermal performance
- Polygiene® fabric treatment helps control odors
- Product Dimensions: (approx.) 21.5" x 10"
- Weight: 1.5& ounces
100% polyester microfiber
Insect Shield® Built-In Insect Repellant
Effective: Repels mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggers and midges (no-see-ums).
Convenient: Invisible protection just by putting on your clothes.
Comfortable: You can’t tell it’s there but the bugs can.
Durable: Lasts through 70 launderings, the expected lifetime of a garment.
Easy Care: Normal home laundering is recommended. Do not dry clean.
Polygiene® Active Odor Control
Neutralizes odor and stops the growth of odor causing bacteria and fungi.
“Wear more, wash less!”
A special four-channel fiber forms a transport system that pulls moisture away from the skin to the outer layer of the fabric. It then dries that moisture faster than any other fabric to thermoregulate the body.
- Hand or machine wash in warm water with mild soap
- Do not use fabric softeners
- Do not bleach
- Do not machine dry
- Do not iron
* UV PROTECTION: 95%
Samples of fabrics have been tested for erythermally effective UV protection by LEITAT-Textile Technology Institutes in accordance with the standard AS/ NZS4399:1996 “Sun protective clothing-Evaluation and Classification”, results ranged from 93,3% (UPF > 15) to 96,7% (UPF>30), averaging 95% UV protection (UPF>20).