UV INSECT SHIELD
More Styles In This Collection
See all Styles
- Ways to wear
Beat the sun and the bugs. BUFF UV Insect Shield® multifunctional headwear makes relentlessly sunny and buggy conditions manageable. The COOLMAX® PRO fabric wicks moisture, dries fast, and blocks 95% of harmful rays. Insect Shield®, an odorless insect repellent formula that lasts up to 70 washes, helps keep mosquitos, ticks, and other bugs at bay. The seamless construction ups the comfort level, and a Polygiene® treatment resists odors. Exceptionally adaptable, BUFF® UV multifunctional headwear can be worn 12 different ways - from cap to balaclava, neck gaiter to hair tie - for optimal performance and protection, personalized style, and a perfect fit.
- Built-in Insect Shield® Protection™
- Repels mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggars and midges (no-see-ums)
- Invisible odorless, EPA-registered protection from insects
- Repellant lasts 70 launderings
- Blocks 95% of UV rays*
- COOLMAX® PRO performance fiber
- 100% seamless construction
- Multifunctional - 12+ ways to wear
- Polygiene® fabric treatment helps control odors
- Moisture-wicking, quick-drying, breathable
- One-size-fits-all adults
- Product Dimensions: (approx.) 20.5 x 9.75 inches
- Weight: 1.4 ounces
100% polyester microfiber
Insect Shield® Built-In Insect Repellant
Effective: Repels mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggers and midges (no-see-ums).
Convenient: Invisible protection just by putting on your clothes.
Comfortable: You can’t tell it’s there but the bugs can.
Durable: Lasts through 70 launderings, the expected lifetime of a garment.
Easy Care: Normal home laundering is recommended. Do not dry clean.
Polygiene® Active Odor Control
Neutralizes odor and stops the growth of odor causing bacteria and fungi.
“Wear more, wash less!”
A special four-channel fiber forms a transport system that pulls moisture away from the skin to the outer layer of the fabric. It then dries that moisture faster than any other fabric to thermoregulate the body.
- Hand or machine wash in warm water with mild soap
- Do not use fabric softeners
- Do not bleach
- Do not machine dry
- Do not iron
* UV PROTECTION: 95%
Samples of fabrics have been tested for erythermally effective UV protection by LEITAT-Textile Technology Institutes in accordance with the standard AS/ NZS4399:1996 “Sun protective clothing-Evaluation and Classification”, results ranged from 93,3% (UPF > 15) to 96,7% (UPF>30), averaging 95% UV protection (UPF>20).