Ian has been racing around the world in all styles of event since 2005 and coaching since 2010, having run around 200 ultras and marathons in every type of weather and on all terrains. He's won around 50 multi-day races, road marathons, trail ultras and adventure races with experience of running in many mountain ranges, including the Himalayas, Andes, Rockies and European Alps. He also holds the fastest time in a trail 100-mile race in the US (12h44m), the record for the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning (69h49m), has won the USATF 100-mile trail championship twice and is the 2013, 2015 and 2016 Leadville Trail 100 Champion. Ultra Running Magazine has voted him as high as 2nd in it's annual Ultra Runner of the Year rankings. In 2010, Ian started Sharman Ultra Endurance Coaching offering coaching services to athletes around the world.
- Grand Slam of Ultrarunning (Record holder)
- 7x Western States Endurance Run 100 top 10
- 3x Leadville Trail 100 champion (2016, 2015 and 2013; and only man to break 17hrs four times)
- Montrail Ultracup races (2014 champion)
- 3x Rocky Raccoon 100 champion (2016, 2015, 2011 and Course Record holder - 12h44m)
Back to Top